Tuesday, October 15, 2013

MEATLOAF: I Hate Meatloaf

I enjoy eating different foods. A favorite has always been country cooking, but I have never been a fan of meatloaf. My “better half” loves meatloaf so I make meatloaf for him every couple of months (Dwain says every few years). He always says it tastes great. (Dwain says that hasn't improved the service frequency) Really!!!!

The following is my standard recipe:

1 lb. ground sirloin
½ lb. ground pork
1 small onion, diced (approximately ½ cup)
½ green pepper, diced
¼ red pepper, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup Panko bread crumbs
1 egg
½ cup milk
salt
pepper

Mix all the above ingredients together. If too thick, add another egg or some more milk. Pour into a 4x9 loaf pan. Bake at 375 degrees about 45 minutes. Remove from oven, spread the topping listed below over top of meatloaf. Continue baking an additional 20-30 minutes. 

Topping:

3/4 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2-3 tablespoons honey
1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce


Meatloaf
Meatloaf goes well with mashed potatoes, green peas and rolls.

If you have a meatloaf recipe you would like to share, send it to me and I might try it sometime.

Maggie 

2 comments:

  1. I don't like meatloaf either. I must've gotten your "I hate meatloaf" gene Mama! Just remind Daddy-o that you making meatloaf for dinner is a monument to true love! :)

    ReplyDelete