Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bumper Stickers


For sometime, I have written down bumper stickers that were cute, funny, political or religious.  Many years ago, cars were covered with stickers from vacation sites such as “Visit Rock City” or “Carlsbad Caverns,” etc.  Today it seems an oddity if you see bumper stickers at all. Whenever I see a car with bumper stickers, mostly they are older cars.

During the past two presidential campaigns, it amazed me that so few vehicles had political stickers touting favorite presidential/vice presidential candidates. I have surmised that a factor is because of the racial implications that might arise from neighbor to neighbor.  (I had a few stickers but kept them on my desk)

When former Governor of Alabama George Wallace ran in the 1968 presidential election in the American Independent Party, I remember my brother-in-law was very opposed to his platform. Each time we would see him, he was very verbal about his political views and his favorite candidate. Once at a family gathering at mama’s house, my sister Ginny sneaked out and stuck a George Wallace sticker on the brother-in-law's car bumper. We all had a good laugh!

Anyway, I thought I would share a few of my favorite bumper stickers with you.

My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it’s gone
I didn’t ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
Stupidity is not a crime so you’re free to go
Learn from your parent’s mistakes...use birth control
Mothers with teenagers know why animals eat their young
A man and his truck; it’s a beautiful thing.
Can’t feed em? Don’t breed em!
Adoption—a beautiful choice
Mean people produce little mean people
I do what the voices in my head tell me to
Not all who wander are lost
Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
I have a lot of friends, you just can’t see them.
I live in my own little world. But it’s ok...they know me here.
Well behaved women rarely make history
I proudly pledge allegiance to one nation under God!
Remember who you wanted to be
I’ll keep my guns, freedom and money. You can keep the change.
First God created man, then he had a better idea
AMERICA-Love It Or Leave It!
Graduate of Road Rage Driving Academy
Easy to be pro-choice when you’re not the one being killed
Be nice to your kids...they’ll choose your nursing home.
Love your enemies and you will not have any
And, my all time favorite:
    Next time you think you’re perfect, try walking on water.

Maggie

1 comment:

  1. Love your bumper sticker collection favs. I learned some new things about you. for one, I'm glad you didn't kill me when I was a teenager. also, you have a very fast guardian angel Lead Foot Maggie :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete