Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Couponing and Blackberry Cobbler



My daughter, Elizabeth, has become a world class couponer. Today I went shopping with her to find great bargains using store coupons, double coupons at Kroger, internet coupons, etc.  We shopped CVS, Walgreen, Target and Kroger. Elizabeth has the coupon business down to a fine art where she gets things free or for very little green.  I’m not sure I was meant to be a coupon lady but we’ll give it a try and let you know later.

The following is an easy recipe for blackberry cobbler.







Gather the ingredients
Ready to bake

Baked and ready to eat. Yum!

Blackberry Cobbler

4 cups fresh blackberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 egg
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.

Place washed berries in a shallow 8x8 baking pan. Sprinkle lemon juice over berries.

Mix together the flour, sugar and egg until it forms small pebbles. Sprinkle mixture over the berries. Drizzle melted butter over top. Bake in oven about 35 minutes or so.

This cobbler is good served hot with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

Obviously blackberry pie or cobblers are taste better when using fresh picked berries. I remember, as a kid, my sisters and I would go blackberry picking and come home covered in the sweet juice and plenty of chiggers. I think the itch of the chiggers was worth the sweet tasting fruit and the fun we had picking berries.

This recipe can be found on page 126 of The Callie King Cockman Cookbook.

Maggie

2 comments:

  1. This is delicious, I've had it at Mama's house more than once, and every time it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a blast with you today! And I think your blueberry cobbler looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete